Thursday, August 2, 2012

Aloha!


Hi All! 

A good friend of mine encouraged me to start a blog about everything and anything Hawaii.  More importantly about the experiences I have while making the transition from Washington, D.C to the beautiful island of Oahu.  It’s been wild so far, and it’s only been 6 days since we boarded our flight out of D.C.’s Reagan National Airport. 

To give you a little background, my fiancé (for blog purposes we’ll call him D) and I moved from D.C to Oahu six days ago.  He was offered a job out here, and we decided to jump on it with only a month’s worth of notice!  As you can imagine… it’s been a whirlwind, to say the least!

As I explore and learn new things about Hawaii and this process as a whole I’ll fill you all in.  I’ll use this blog as a means to pass along tidbits that I learn along the way, such as where to eat, sights to see, interesting things to do, and of course the odds and ends of making such a big move.  Hopefully I’ll be some help not only to those who are moving here, but also to those who are visiting and just want to know what to do while here on vacation or even on a "Staycation".


If any of you have questions, comments or suggestions on things I should try/blog about let me know!  I’ll try them (if possible) and fill you in on how it went.



3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Definitely hit up Hank's in Waikiki...i believe Friday is the day you want to go because they have this lobster hot dog I saw on Diners, Dives and Drive Ins!!! Of course North Shore Matsumoto's!!! And go to L&L drive in and send me pictures...*DROOL* Miss you!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely do all of this! Miss you too!!!!

      Delete
  2. NICE! You already have more comments than me. I'm so excited. Tell me about (on the blog) the places above that your friend Amy is speaking about.

    ReplyDelete